Friday 13 March 2020

Promo Material

I'm pretty happy with the business cards i made last year, that look like this:

(I actually loved this design a bit too much and made it into some T-shirts)


They've served me functionally very well, especially at the print fair i was a part of. I handed out stickers alongside them which people really seemed to love. Maybe a better idea for this would be to skip the business card bit and just give out stickers with my contact details on them. This is going to be a little bit more expensive to produce, but so much more fun!

I feel like the paper I chose to use for them is not professional quality, and I definitely cut them out a bit wonky- whether it's good that this echoes my practice at all is definitely up for debate, so I need to make some more and get them professionally printed. It would also save me the hassle of making them double sided on my little printer at home- definitely more professional. I'd like to get them printed matte as before, but this time on a thick cartridge or handmade paper, to give it a nice feel. AwsomeMerchandise does really nice promotional material, 100 business cards for £5 isn't bad if they're good quality. And it's always good to support a local business.

The postcard from Hanbury was a nice touch to have there. I didn't really put time and effort into making something new and refined for it, and used one of my recent digital sketches for 603 that I reckon sums up my current practice quite well. I didn't curate a portfolio for Hanbury, as I didn't feel it was appropriate- I already had my business cards and the postcards, and my plan was to show my Instagram if I spoke to any of the professionals in depth (which didn't happen). Everyone seemed to be burdening the people because they were clutching about 30 postcards and little books each. I'm glad i didn't go for this approach, as I didn't feel anyone at the symposium really rang a bell with me in terms of my own career or future plans.  It was a worthwhile visit, and everyone was so interesting to listen to, however I didn't really feel any of the industries were particularly relevant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presentation Notes

Hello! -my practice as established -  I am a printmaker, storyteller, multidisciplinary, low-fi artist. Not what i expected to becom...