Sunday 15 March 2020

Hot Dog Book

Making my Hot-Dog book was a lovely exercise to me rather than something necessarily serious. It helped me gain focus on what my creative practice is really about, which isn't necessarily just exactly what I do, but also my lifestyle and how I process thoughts and come up with energy and ideas.
My bio was hard to write, as I struggle to sell myself sometimes:

My name is Rosie Reynolds, but you can call me Roy if you like.
I ma from the Peak District, but currently based in Leeds.
I am an illustrator, ceramicist, storyteller and printmaker.
I make work about the sun, birds, human stories, superstition, and folklore.
I am fuelled by researching untold stories, engaging in exploratory practices, and spending time in the sun.

7 words whittled down to one-

Humans and their stories, truth, nostalgia.

Stories, fallibility.

Fallibility,

Reality isn't truth
Of course Ghosts exist
Simulation, life is a simulation
I don't know what being human is about yet
Existential crisis!



My Roy Soup is too embarrassing to think about again, so I wrote some more Haiku's

Old man in the pub
Tell me a story, old man!
Who you calling old?


Roy soup is best served
from a flask, on a blanket,
next to the ocean.


Said Seagull CAW CAW
Said Crow GOBBLE GOBBLE GIP
And Dove stayed quiet.

Bird bird bird look bird!
Hop hop hop skip hop peck peck
What are you like, sir!

My Manifesto:
-look at the sky and don't think about it too hard
-grow towards the sun: eat sun food, drink sun drinks, swim in sun sea
-don't get bogged down by jobs or rules or tiktok because that's what the man wants you to do
-feel nice every day, be with positive people, let grudges go
-we're not sure why were here so make things like pottery or vegetables or something nice and important and gentle and just be kind.

So, yeah. Not necessarily illustration based, because that's not the one thing in life that will make me happy. More just life based.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Presentation Notes

Hello! -my practice as established -  I am a printmaker, storyteller, multidisciplinary, low-fi artist. Not what i expected to becom...